Shrimp, Corn and Avocado Pasta Salad
Shrimp, corn, yogurt and fresh California Avocado mean this is no side pasta salad. Your guests will give it a starring role on their plates and want more.
1 ripe Fresh California Avocado, halved, seeded and peeled1 (13-oz.) box small shell whole wheat pasta, cooked and rinsed½ lb. grilled large shrimp, shelled2 grilled corn cobs, kernels cut off & cobs discarded1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved1 cup packed fresh basil leaves5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil2 Tbsp. minced shallots2 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt½ tsp. kosher salt½ tsp. ground pepperExtra salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Cut half of the avocado into chunks and the other half into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the avocado chunks, cooked pasta, shrimp, corn kernels and tomatoes.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil leaves, olive oil, shallots, Greek yogurt, salt and pepper.
- Puree until almost smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Lay the avocado slices on top of the pasta salad. Serve.