Hotdogs are an American tradition. Topped with Zesty California Guacamole they become a whole new taste sensation!
8 turkey hot dogs
8 whole grain hot dog buns
For the Zesty California Guacamole: 1 Fresno chile (or red jalapeño)
4 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, quartered, seeded and peeled
½ cup minced red onion
1 Tbsp. lime juice
½ tsp. ground cumin
¼ tsp. red chile flakes
½ tsp. salt, or to taste
- Place hot dogs on a preheated grill, about 4 inches from a medium flame.
- Cook for about 6 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- When hot dogs are about one minute away from being done, open buns and place on the grill to warm them.
- Place cooked hot dogs in buns and top with Zesty California Guacamole.
- To Make Zesty California Guacamole: Remove stem from chile and discard.
- Mince chile and place in a medium bowl. (For a milder guacamole discard the seeds, or keep them for a spicier guacamole.)
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mash together, leaving some chunks of avocado. Season to taste and serve.
- Serving Suggestions: Top with caramelized onions, diced tomatoes, diced chiles or other favorite hot dog toppers.