FromViceroy Hotel GroupProperties –Courtesy of Gary Cahill, Cameo bar at Viceroy Santa Monica
This cocktail takes inspiration from the well-known phrase”April Showers bring May Flowers.“
Incorporate either a “stormy” (float of rum) or floral element (star anise, hibiscus, elderflower liqueur) in their recipes, perfect for that unpredictable springweather.
Hawaiian Hibiscus Collins Cocktail
Hawaiian Hibiscus Collins Cocktail taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
- 2 oz. Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Lemon juice
- 1 oz. Housemade Hibiscus Syrup*
- 2 Shiso leaves
- Soda water
- 3/4 cup dried Hawaiian hibiscus leaves
- 4 cups water
- 1.5 cup sugar
- *Four servings of Hibiscus Syrup – Combine hibiscus leaves, water, and sugar in a medium saucepan set over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then drop heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat, cover, and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Place a fine-meshed sieve over a large measuring cup or bowl with a pour spout and pour syrup through.
- Let drain completely and discard flowers.
- Pour the syrup into a clean, dry 32-ounce jar with lid, cover, and let cool.
- Store syrup in refrigerator.
- Pour vodka, hibiscus syrup (after cooling), & lemon juice into mixing glass.
- Muddle shiso leaves into mixture.
- Shake over ice and strain over fresh ice in a highball glass.
- Top up with soda water.
- Garnish with a shiso leaf.