FromViceroy Hotel GroupProperties –Courtesy of Gary Cahill, Cameo bar at Viceroy Santa Monica
This cocktail takes inspiration from the well-known phrase”April Showers bring May Flowers.“
Incorporate either a “stormy” (float of rum) or floral element (star anise, hibiscus, elderflower liqueur) in their recipes, perfect for that unpredictable springweather.
Smoked Hibiscus Aviation Cocktail
Smoked Hibiscus Aviation Cocktail taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
1 1/2 oz. gin
1/2 oz. maraschino liqueur
1/2 oz. Crème de Violette (a liqueur with natural violet flower flavoring & coloring)
1/2 oz. lemon juice
- Pour Gin, Maraschino liqueur, Crème de Violette & lemon juice into mixing glass and stir over ice.
- Put hibiscus tea leaves into a handheld smoker machine and ignite to create the hibiscus smoke.
- Filter the smoke into a glass bottle and seal.
- Strain the cocktail into this glass bottle filled with smoke and shake.
- Garnish with lemon twist.