Chef Zach Geerson creates a lovely Harissa that will spice up any dish, especially meat-based. Try it with his Heritage Pork with Braised Carrots and Pickled Apples recipe.
A spicey paste/sauce
- 2 1/2 lbs Fresno chile peppers
- 1 Small dried chile
- 2 oz Sundried tomatoes
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1/2 t Turmeric
- 1/4 t Coriander seeds
- 1/4 t Cumin seeds
- 1/4 t Caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 t Fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 T Extra-Virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 t Kosher salt
- In a blender, blend all the ingredients together until smooth and reserve until needed.
- Holds well in the freezer, if you are not using it immediately.