The2014 March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auctionon Sunday, October 5at The Westin South Coast Plaza, will be led by Executive Chef Yvon Goetz of The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar. As the Lead Chef in this year’s fundraiser, Chef Goetz has united a group of elite, local chefs to create signature dishes to showcase Orange County’s diverse culinary landscape. Attendees will enjoy Chef-created culinary creations, artisanal refreshments, and live and silent auctions.
“The Signature Chefs Auction is a wonderful event which I have had the honor of participating in for many years,” commented Chef Goetz, who is also a Partner in The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar, which has locations in Tustin and Newport Beach. “This eventbrings together the region’s top chefs, many of whom are good friends, to create awareness and raise funds for a cause that is so important: healthier moms and babies. As a father of two, I know the importance of an organization like the March of Dimes in our community.”
Chef Goetz will be joined by an acclaimed lineup of local chefs from the county’s most celebrated restaurants. Participating Chefs include:
- Chef Greg Daniels, Haven Gastropub
- Pastry Chef Elyssa Fournier, Mixed Bakery
- Chef Yves Fournier, Andrei’s Conscious Cuisine & Cocktails
- Chef Yvon Goetz, The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar (Lead Chef)
- Chef James Hamamori, Hamamori Sushi Bar
- Chef Seakyeong Kim, Charlie Palmer at Bloomingdale’s South Coast Plaza
- Pastry Chef Rachel Klemek, Blackmarket Bakery
- Chef Dee Nguyen, Break of Dawn
- Chef Casey Overton, The Loft at Montage Laguna Beach
- Chef Cathy Pavlos, Provenance and LUCCA
- Chef Alessandro Pirozzi, Mare Culinary Lounge and Alessa Lounge
- Pastry Chef Shelley Register, A Restaurant
- Chef Eric Samaniego, Little Sparrow
- Chef Deborah Schneider, SOL Cocina and Solita Tacos & Margaritas
- Chef Rainer Schwarz, Driftwood Kitchen
The participating chefs will present their signature dishes, which will be complemented by handcrafted cocktails as well as artisanal wines and craft beer.
“We are excited to showcase the breadth of culinary talent at this dynamic epicurean event, led by award-winning Chef Yvon Goetz of The Winery,” commented Jade Tran, of Wood, Smith, Henning & Berman LLP, who is co-chairing the event with Eve Brackmann, of Stuart Kane LLP. “All proceeds will benefit the March of Dimes, whose education, research and advocacy programs ensure that all babies have a healthy start to life.”
“The Signature Chefs Auction brings the community together for a culinary celebration and an opportunity to support a great cause. This year’s Lead Chef Yvon Goetz has rallied a talented group of peers who represent the very best in Orange County’s culinary scene,” commented Celia Wheeler, Executive Director for March of Dimes Orange County.”We’re honored to have Chef Yvon host this year’s signature event, whose continued support over the years has been invaluable.”
Event guests will enjoy bidding on incredible, unique and tempting silent auction during the outdoor reception. To conclude the evening’s festivities, guests will enjoy a seated dessert during the live auction, which will feature exclusive travel and culinary experiences. All proceeds benefit March of Dimes education, research and advocacy programs designed to ensure all babies receive a healthy start in life.
To purchase tickets, please visit www.marchofdimes.org/ca/occhefs