The Western Foodservice and Hospitality Expo is proud to feature several members of the California Restaurant Association as speakers throughout the Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum, which will offer 30 complimentary sessions and dozens of special events. The Expo, the premiere three-day event for the foodservice and hospitality industries, will take place August 28-30 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
“We have a great partnership with the California Restaurant Association and are thrilled that so many of their members will be sharing their knowledge and experience with our attendees through the Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum,” said Ron Mathews, Vice President, Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo. “We encourage restaurant and foodservice professionals to take advantage of the complimentary sessions that are open to all attendees.”
Below are just a few of the great sessions featuring CRA members. For the complete list of the education programs and special events visit www.westernfoodexpo.com/education.
Highlights for Sunday, August 28
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Pay Attention to Your Menu Design with Jorge Pacheco, Kulture Konnect (1:00 – 1:45 pm)
- Beacon Award Presentation to Kelli Valade, Chili’s Grill & Bar (1:00 – 1:30 pm)
- How to Attract, Retain, and Motivate Millennials in your Workforce with Joe Gabriel, Snagajob (2:00-2:45 pm)
- Seven Key “Legal” Ingredients to Succeed as a Restaurant Owner/Operator with Andrew C. Kienle, Esq., Hart King (2:00-2:45 pm)
- 5th Annual CRA Foundation Culinary Clash sponsored by Coca Cola (3:00 – 5:00 pm)
Highlights for Monday, August 29
- Torch Award Presentation to Chef Thomas Keller(1:00-2:00 pm)
- Reach More Customers: Restaurant Social Media Marketing with Emma Vaughn, Main Street Hub (2:00-2:45 pm)
- The Latino Consumer: What You Still Don’t Knowwith Lilly Rocha, Sabor Latino Food Industry Trade Show (2:00 -2:45 pm)
- Restaurant Technology: What’s the Missing Link? With Steve Bigari, SYNQ3 Restaurant Solutions (4:00 – 4:45 pm)
Highlights for Tuesday, August 30
- Legal Center Live at Western Food Expo withthe California Restaurant Association’s Legal Partners (12:00-12:45 pm)
- Increase Profits by Controlling Food Costswith Pat Darling, CTUIT (1:00-1:45 pm)
- The New Normal! Trans Inclusivity in the Workplace – The business case for inclusivity, creating an inclusive work environment; HR laws and practices as highlighted in the Department of Fair Employment and Housing FAQ for Employers. (1:00 – 3:00 pm)
Click here to register for the 2016 Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo. California Restaurant Association members receive one complimentary registration per $100 of CRA membership dues paid when they register with their membership ID Number.
The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo gathers thousands of restaurant and foodservice professionals to gain experience and knowledge on how to become more informed, more educated, more competitive, and more profitable in the industry. The tradeshow and conference, started in 1936 is produced by Urban Expositions (www.urban-expo.com) and sponsored by the California Restaurant Association (www.calrest.org). The 2016 event will take place August 28-30 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. For more information, visit www.westernfoodexpo.com.
The California Restaurant Association (CRA) has a proven record of protecting industry interests, striving to improve the business environment for restaurants, advocating on a slate of national, state and local issues. The association is committed to keeping California restaurateurs informed about the latest rules and regulations affecting their businesses. California is home to more than 90,000 eating and drinking places that employ 1.6 million workers, making restaurants an indisputable driving force in the state’s economy. For more information, visit www.calrest.org.
About Urban Expositions Based in Kennesaw, GA, and founded in 1995, Urban Expositions, owned by Clarion Events, produces and manages a portfolio of 36 events, serving eight industry sectors including Gift, Souvenir, Art, Aviation, Foodservice, Pet, Auto and Gaming. Urban has offices in Shelton, CT and Boca Raton, FL, and is represented by employees in California, Colorado and Illinois. www.urban-expo.com. Clarion Events operates over 200 events in 35 countries from offices in the UK, South Africa, USA, Brazil, Germany, Singapore, UAE, Turkey, and the Netherlands. Clarion can trace its roots back to 1947 and takes great pride in being one of the oldest independent event organizers in the UK. The teams at Clarion create uniquely effective and stimulating environments that can serve as a platform to build businesses, enhance customer relationships and accelerate product awareness. For more information, visit www.clarionevents.com