“The Irishman” and his penchant for ice cream sundaes. This cocktail, which is more of an Italian ice dessert, celebrates characters’ Irish and Italian heritage with the inclusion of both Irish whiskey and two Italian Amaro. The cocktail’s proportions resemble that of a Negroni – an iconic Italian cocktail of three spirits in equal portions – shaken, then drizzled over a sphere of shaved ice and topped with Italian black cherries.
8 oz goblet
1/2 C Measuring Cup
3 Amarena Italian cherry
1 oz Irish Whiskey
1 oz Amaro Montenegro
1 oz Select Aperitivo
- Place ice cubes in a blender and “pulse” or “crush” the ice until it is finely crushed ice and ideal for shaping snow cones.
- Shape scoop out ice with 1/2 cup measuring cup and shape balls by hand.
- Place balls in a glass bowl and return to the freezer until use.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until well chilled.
- Place one shaved ice sphere in a double old fashion glass and strain the cocktail over the shaved ice and garnish with the cherries.
- * notes:
- – don’t make the snow cones too far in advance for risk of freezing back into solid ice.
- – scale the ingredients up to make a pitcher and serve several snow cones at once