Old Fashion Cherry Bomb
Old Fashion Cherry Bomb represents the movie 1917.
6-oz Old Fashion Glass
1 brandied cherry*
*Brandied Cherries ingredients
Yield: 1 quart
2 C pitted cherry – (fresh or frozen)
1/2 C Granulated Sugar
1 C 80-proof Brandy
2 oz Cognac
1 tsp English tea syrup**
3 dashes Cherry bitters
**Tea Syrup ingredients
Yield: 5 oz
2 t English Breakfast tea
1/2 C Water – boiling
1/2 C Sugar
- *Brandied Cherries directions
- Place sugared fruit in a sterilized 1-quart Mason jar and add brandy to cover by at least 1/2 inch or up to the very top of the jar. (Fruit must remain submerged in the brandy at all times; if necessary, weight the fruit with a small resealable plastic bag filled with brandy.)
- Set jar aside in a cool, dark spot for at least 4 days.
- Refrigerate after opening and store up to 1 year.
- **Tea Syrup directions
- In a small cup, combine the tea and water.
- Steep for 10 minutes, then strain into a small saucepan, add the sugar and gently heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Cool, then funnel into a 5-oz. bottle and refrigerate.
- Add cognac, syrup, and bitters to a glass with ice and stir until combined and well chilled.
- Garnish with a cocktail pick with three brandied cherries.