The Bloody Soju is an Asian-style Bloody Mary with a Korean grain spirit, Soju replacing traditional vodka as the base spirit.
8-oz. stemless cocktail glass
with straining lid
Korean Spice Mix*
1 Korean Pickled Shrimp**
*Korean Spice Mix ingredients
Yield: 1/3 C
1 t Gochugaru – (Korean Red Pepper Flakes)
1 1/2 t Dried Onion
1 1/2 t Dried Garlic
1 t Ground Ginger
1 T Dried Chive
1 t Black Pepper
1 T Sesame Seed
1 T Flake Salt
1 t Red Pepper Flake – (optional)
**Korean Pickled Shrimp ingredients
Yield: 12 shrimp
12 Shrimp – boiled and peeled
1 C Rice wine vinegar
1 T Granulated Sugar
1 T Korean Spice Mix
1 t Korean Spice Mix*
1 Lemon wedge
3 oz Soju – (Korean grain spirit)
3 oz Tomato juice
1/2 t Ginger – grated fresh
5 dashes Soy sauce
1 t Rice wine vinegar
1 dash Sriracha* – (hot chili sauce)
1/2 oz Yuja juice – (Japanese yuzu), or
substitute lemon juice
- *Korean Spice Mix directions
- In a small bowl, stir all the ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight container.
- **Korean Pickled Shrimp directions
- Place shrimp in a 1-quart mason jar.
- Heat the remaining ingredients together with 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour the warm pickling liquid over the shrimp and tighten lid and shake well.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Spread the Korean Spice Salt Rim Mix in a thin layer on the small plate.
- Coat the outer rim of the glass with the juice from the lemon wedge and roll in the spice mix to coat the rim.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir, then strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of the spice mix and garnish with a pickled shrimp**