Smokin’ Hot Margarita
the Smokin’ Hot Margarita. Smoked ingredients and flambéed rum are the theatrical elements that bring this classic lime margarita to life.
Manual Citrus Press Juicer
long neck lighter
2 oz Reposado tequila
2 oz Grand Marnier
2 oz Lime juice – fresh
5 dashes Smoked Bitters
1/2 oz Agave nectar – (optional)
1 t 151 Rum – to flambé
Lime “bowl” – garnish
- Using a paring knife, cut the lime two thirds widthwise so that you have two ends and a middle.
- Juice the two ends using a citrus press juicer to create lime “bowls”.
- Cut the middle section into wedges.
- On the small plate, spread a thin layer of smoked salt.
- Coat the outer rim of the chilled glass with juice from a lime wedge and roll in the salt.
- Fill the shaker with ice and add remaining ingredients except for 151 rum, shaking until well chilled.
- Fill the prepared glass half-full with ice and strain the contents of the shaker into the glass.
- Float one of the lime bowls on top of the cocktail and fill with 151 rum.
- Using a long-neck lighter, ignite the rum and allow to burn off or blow out before drinking.