Delicious vegan Jamica Tacos from Chef Bryan Bustos at El Mercado Modern Cuisine.
8oz Dry Hibiscus Flowers
4 C Water
1 Med. Shallot
1/2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
1/2 Cup Frozen Green Peas
1/4 Cup Grape-seed Oil
1 Cubed Jicama
1 Teaspoon Black Recado (Mexican chili condiment with smoky, strong and spicy flavor.)
Avocado Slices for Garnish
8 oz. Pea Purée
8 Homemade Blue Corn Tortillas
- Bring to a boil Hibiscus Flowers and Water.
- Cover and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Re-dehydrated flowers
- Repeat steps 1 and 2, two more times.
- Sauté-Hibiscus flowers, Shallots, and Minced Garlic in small sauté pan over medium heat.
- Cubed Jicama with a pinch of Recado Negro and Salt to taste.
- Place about 1 oz. of Hibiscus flowers on ea tortilla.
- Add picked cilantro leaf or any fresh herb of your choice.
- Place two pieces of Jicama in ea taco for a refreshing crunch.
- Squirt two nickel sized drops of pea purée in each.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Cut and place 1 avocado slice.