Stir Fried Cauliflower Rice
What sets this Cauliflower Stir Fried Rice recipe apart from my previous ones? The main differentiator is that in this recipe I boil the cauliflower florets first, and then shred and sauté.
2 heads cauliflower
2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
½ red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 cup snap peas, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
1 Tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tablespoons mirin
3 Tablespoons coconut aminos
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
2 Tablespoons fresh scallions, chopped for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Remove the leaves and stem from the cauliflowers and cut into large florets.
- Place the florets in the boiling water.
- Drain after 5 minutes.
- Run the soft florets through a food processor using the grating attachment.
- Set aside.
- Dry the pot and place it over medium high heat.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and carrots.
- Cook, stirring often, for 6 minutes, until tender.
- Add the snap peas and mushrooms and continue to cook for another 4 minutes.
- Transfer the veggies to a bowl and wipe out the pot.
- Place the pot back over medium high heat.
- Add the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and ginger.
- Cook for 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the grated cauliflower, stir and cook for 4 minutes.
- Create a well in the center of the cauliflower rice and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Mix until fully incorporated with the cauliflower rice.
- Add the mirin, coconut aminos and sesame oil to the pot, mixing well.
- Add back in the veggies and mix to combine.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve with sliced scallions as garnish. Enjoy!