A delicious way to avoid fast food stops by making your own Mexican pizza! You can also add your favorite ingredients like avocado, hot sauce, olives, whatever you want!
1/2 lb ground beef ( or turkey)
2-3 TBSP taco seasoning
1/4-1/2 cup refried beans
1/4-1/2 cup salsa
1/4-1/2 cup shredded taco-blend cheese
2- 10 inch flour tortillas
your choice of toppings: tomatoes, green onions, olives, etc
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lightly spray foil with non stick cooking spray.
- Brown meat in a skillet until no longer pink. Add in taco seasoning and combine well.
- Lay one tortilla on baking sheet. Spread top with beans, then, with meat. Cover with another tortilla.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spread top of tortilla with salsa, then, cheese, then, desired toppings.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.