Mama Juana (or mamajuana) is a drink from the Dominican Republic that is concocted by allowing rum, red wine, and honey to soak in a bottle with tree bark and herbs. The taste is similar to port wine and the color is a deep red. The specific herbs that make up Mamajuana
1 Dash Angostura Bitters
1 Dash Orange Bitters
2 Dash Plum Bitters
1/2 oz Keez Beez Honey Syrup
2 oz Burlock Coast Mamajuana**
1 Black Tea Ice sphere
Mama Juana Batch Recipe
For 1 Bottle of Atlántico Rum (Dominican Republic)
4oz Honey Syrup
4oz Port wine
Mix spice (1 cinnamon stick, 4 Anise Star, 8 cloves)
- In a Mixing Glass add Bitters, Ice, Mamajuana, Syrup and Stir.
- Strain Over Broken Tea Ice Sphere.
- Garnish with Sugar Cane and Orange Peel.
- Mama Juana Batch Recipe
- For 1 Bottle of Atlántico Rum (Dominican Republic)
- add 4oz Honey Syrup 4oz Port wine.
- Inside the jug must have Sugar Cane, plums, blackberries, raisins, Eucalyptus, mix spices (1 cinnamon stick, 4 Anise Star, 8 cloves)