Spicy Sausage and Rye Stuffed Honey Nut Squash
Spicy Sausage and Rye Stuffed Honey Nut Squash with Cranberries and Goat Cheese
2 Honey nut squash
2 T Whole butter
1 T Brown sugar
Salt and pepper
Sage – freshly chopped
For the Stuffing:
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 lb Spicy Italian sausage
2 Shallot – minced
2 Garlic – minced
2 Shitaki mushroom
1/2 Fennel – minced
1 C Vegetable stock
1/2 C Rye crouton
1/2 C Farro – cooked
Salt and pepper – to taste
- Cut each squash in half longways and remove seeds.
- Brush with whole butter and sprinkle with brown sugar, salt, pepper, and chopped sage.
- In a small pot add the Evo, shallots, and garlic and fennel, mushroom.
- Sweat till tender.
- Add sausage and brown.
- Gently stir in rye croutons and farrow.
- Add enough stock just to make croutons moist.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add stuffing mixture to squash cavity and bake at 300 for around 35 mins or until honey nut squash is tender.
- Garnish with Dried cranberries, Pomegranate, Goat cheese.