Lobster Grilled Cheese with Everything Sauce
A delectable grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with lobster and a rich sauce
4 oz lobster meat picked (or crab)
1⁄2 C Cucumber – sliced
2 T Mascarpone cheese
1 Ripe tomato – sliced
2 T Butter
1 Lemon – sliced in half
2 T Aged white cheddar – shredded
4 slices High quality sandwich bread
1⁄2 C Mayonnaise
1 T Pickle – chopped
1 t Sriracha
1 T Pickle juice
1 t Ketchup
1 T Tomato juice
1 T Chipotle – minced
1 Lemon – zested and juiced
1 t Honey
1 t Dijon mustard
- 1. Start building the sandwich: Spread the mascarpone cheese evenly over the inside of each piece of bread.
- Layer the bread bottoms in the following order: cheese, tomato, caramelized onion (it’s ok if it is still warm), tomato, cucumber, lobster and a touch more cheese.
- Top with the remaining bread.
- 2. To cook the sandwich: Place half the butter in the pan and heat until melted.
- Add the sandwich and toast over medium heat (it may take a few minutes on lower heat, but it is well worth the melted crunch).
- Before you flip the sandwich, add the remaining butter, then flip.
- Place the entire pan in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 3. For the Everything Sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and set aside.
- 4. To serve: Slice the sandwich in half and serve alongside the everything sauce for dipping. Squeeze the lemon juice over the sandwich at the last minute to add a touch of acid.
- For a messier, sloppier, finger-licking good time, drizzle the sauce right over the sandwich. Garnish with fresh dill sprigs.