Ranch Style Beans Recipe
Enjoy this delicious side dish by Bad To The Bone BBQ
1 lb Pinto beans Beef base
1 Yellow onion – chopped
4 Cloves garlic – minced
1/4 C Olive oil Salt and black pepper – to taste
1 T Cumin
1 T Chili powder
1 T Granulated garlic
1/4 C Liquid Smoke or brisket drippings
2 T Crystal Hot Sauce
1/2 lb Brisket trimmings or any other leftover smoked meats
1/4 C Brown sugar
1 C BBQ sauce
- Soak beans overnight in water; drain and fill pot with water, enough to cover and bring to a boil and add beef base.
- Meanwhile, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent; season with salt and pepper.
- Add onion mixture, cumin, chili powder, granulated garlic, pepper, Liquid Smoke or brisket trimmings and hot sauce to beans and continue to simmer over medium heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until beans are tender.
- Add BBQ sauce, brown sugar and salt; mix well and continue to simmer until all ingredients are mixed well and sugar is dissolved.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.