Contributed by: Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar - Brea, Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar - Irvine, Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar - Orange, Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar - Rancho Cucamonga, Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar - Temecula, Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar - Thousand Oaks, Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar - Westminster
A refreshing beverage either by itself or as a base for cocktails.
1 lb. Ginger Root, washed and unpeeled, cut into 1” chunks
1 lb. Sugar, granulated white
2 cups Water
1.5 cups Lime Juice, fresh squeezed
Soda Water, as needed.
- Place ginger, sugar and water in a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and then turn off heat and allow to steep for one hour.
- Strain ginger out and press lightly to extract the juices.
- Add lime juice and stir.
- Reserve this base for up to one week refrigerated.
- Mix with soda water as needed to order. Flavor is to your liking but generally one fl. Oz of ginger beer base to 4 fl. Oz of soda water is good.