Crispy Chicken Wings
With or without sauce, crispy chicken wings are a great appetizer.
4 lb Free-range cut chicken wings
2-4 T Sunflower or other oil*
Blue cheese dip
1 C Blue cheese softened – crumbled
1/4 C Sour cream
1/3 C Mayonnaise
1 T Lemon juice
Sea salt and Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil and set a heat-proof wire rack on top.
- Dry the chicken wings well and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Toss with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on rack and bake for 30 minutes, turn the wings over and bake until crisp, 20 -30 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes; flip and continue to cook until crisp and golden brown, (about 20-30 minutes longer), until golden browned and crispy.
- Serve wings immediately.
- *Note: You could toss the wings with a little BBQ sauce instead of the oil if you want them with more flavor or spiciness.