Cream Cheese & Chive Mashed Red Skins
The red skin mashed potatoes are the ultimate cold weather meal addition.
5 lb Red skin potatoes – diced
1 Butter – stick
1 C Heavy whipping cream
16 oz Cream cheese
2 T Minced chives
Sea Salt to taste
White Pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a heavy stock pot and cover with water.
- Allow water to come to boil.
- Reduce heat and boil for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave butter, cream and cheese in a microwave safe bowl for 3 minutes on med power.
- Whisk cream mixture until completely smooth.
- Heat longer, if needed.
- Add in chives and salt and pepper to taste.
- Strain potatoes well and mash well.
- Add cream mixture and continue to mash until thoroughly combined.