Contributed by: California Pizza Kitchen - Brea, California Pizza Kitchen - Huntington Beach, California Pizza Kitchen AP - Irvine, California Pizza Kitchen IS - Irvine
California Pizza Kitchen Hand-Tossed Pizza Dough
California Pizza Kitchen Hand-Tossed Pizza Dough Recipe
4 3/4 C All-purpose flour, plus more for shaping dough
2 1/2 t Fine sea salt
1 t Sugar
2 1/2 t Active dry yeast
2 1/2 t Extra virgin olive oil
2 C Water – lukewarm
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, whisk the 4 3/4 C flour, salt, sugar, and yeast.
- Add oil and the water, beating on low speed until dough is smooth.
- Divide into four balls.
- Place each in a separate bowl covered with plastic wrap.
- Let rise at room temperature (about 70 degrees Fahrenheit) in a draft-free area until dough has more than doubled in size, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Shape according to directions in recipe.
- Use immediately or follow directions for storage:
- Short-term storage: Can be stored for up to 3 days. Place each dough ball in a separate bowl covered with plastic wrap; chill. To use, let bowls sit at room temperature covered with plastic wrap for 2 to 3 hours, or until dough has more than doubled in size.
- Long-term storage: Can be stored for up to 3 months. Immediately after shaping, wrap each dough ball separately in plastic wrap. Place dough balls in a large freezer bag. Seal, label, and freeze. To use, unwrap desired number of dough balls and place each in its own bowl covered with plastic wrap. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Let bowls sit at room temperature covered in plastic wrap for 2 to 3 hours or until dough has more than doubled in size.
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Stand: 2 hours