Boneless Pork Chops in Creamy Garlic Spinach Sauce
These pork chops in a creamy garlic butter sauce are low in carbs, easy to prepare in a single skillet and ready in less than 30 minutes.
3 pork chops, boneless
Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
6 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 small yellow onion, minced
1/3 cup vegetable or chicken stock
1 3/4 cups half and half or heavy cream
3 cups baby spinach
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Fresh chopped parsley
- 1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops on both sides with paprika, salt and pepper, and sear in the hot pan, for 3-5 minutes on each side depending on the thickness, or until cooked to your liking. Once done, remove pork chops from the pan and set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in the remaining cooking juices in the same pan. Add garlic and onion and stir-fry until fragrant, about one minute. Add in the vegetable or chicken stock, and allow to reduce a little.
- 3. Reduce heat to low heat, add the half and half (or heavy cream), and bring to a gentle simmer. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 4. Add the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, and stir in the parmesan cheese (if using). Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
- 5. Transfer the pork chops back into the pan to reheat; sprinkle with the parsley, and spoon the sauce over each pork chops. Serve over steamed vegetables, zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
- Note: You can use dry white wine instead of vegetable stock if you prefer.