All-American Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salad
All-American Recipe Contest 2014 First Prize Winner in the Favorite 4th of July Recipe category. The author says, “Your bill of rights should include the
2 cups frozen sweet corn
6 Tbsp. olive oil (divided)
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
1 pt. grape tomatoes, quartered
1 jalapeño pepper, halved and seeded, or more to taste
2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 large ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and chopped
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
½ cup fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. ground chipotle chile powder
½ tsp. ground cumin
- Place frozen corn on rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Stir to coat and then spread out in single layer.
- Roast under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once, until starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In large bowl, place beans, bell pepper, onion, grape tomatoes, jalapeño, beans, chopped avocado, cilantro and cooled corn.
- Add remaining olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, chile powder and cumin.
- Stir until all ingredients are coated.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.