Avocado Key Lime Pudding in Jars
All-American Recipe Contest 2014 Grand Prize Winner in the Desserts Category. This easy to make-no-cook key lime pudding made with California Avocados
1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded
½ cup key lime juice
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups heavy cream
13 ½ graham cracker sheets, broken along scored lines into sticks and again in half, plus additional for garnish, optional
- Combine the avocado, lime juice, and condensed milk in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Place mixture in a bowl, cover and chill for 2 hours (the pudding will continue to thicken thicken).
- Whip the cream until it has stiff peaks.
- Fold the cream into the chilled pudding until it has a uniform color without streaks.
- On the bottom of each of 6 standard ½-pint regular mouth canning jars place 6 graham stick pieces, cover with pudding.
- Repeat for two additional layers, ending with pudding.
- Place lids on jars, chill for at least 4 hours.
- Garnish if desired and serve.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream and crushed graham cracker crumbs before serving.