32701 Alipaz Street
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
From all over Southern California, 12 renowned chefs will arrive at The Ecology Center for an evening of friendly culinary competition to create the most delicious, sustainable, and crowd pleasing appetizer.
- Allan Aguanaga – Farmhouse at Roger’s Gardens, Newport Beach
- Holton Brit – The Cellar, San Clemente
- Joel Harrington – Lido Bottle Works, Newport Beach
- Daniel Hyatt – Juliette, Newport Beach
- Charles Imbelli – Harvest at The Ranch, Laguna Beach
- Blake Mellgren – Craft House, Dana Point
- Pascal Olhats – Pascal, San Juan Capistrano
- Luiseen Gonzales and Katy Smith, Puesto, Orange County
- Greg Daniels – Haven Gastropub, Orange
Chefs are challenged to source all ingredients for their appetizer from within 250 miles of The Ecology Center. With each bite and every sip, you’ll taste, smell, and see the power and joy of locally and sustainably sourced food.
The Eco App-Off is a celebration of farmers, purveyors, fishermen, ranchers, and artisans committed to creating an ecological food future. It brings together a growing community of people who care about their local food system and who believe the food they eat matters.
The Eco App-Off will take place at The Ecology Center, a historic property in San Juan Capistrano surrounded by rolling hills and the county’s only commercial organic farm. Chefs will serve their appetizers throughout our gardens. Local wine and beer will flow as live music plays.
By the end of the evening, you’ll have eaten and drank to your heart’s content, and after the votes are counted, everyone will come together to celebrate the best of the best.
Taste the difference. Join us for Eco App-Off 2017 at The Ecology Center.
For more information, visit www.theecologycenter.org.