Interactive Live Streaming Cooking Classes Beginning August 15th Hosted by Local Chefs
With Dine LBC – Long Beach Restaurant Week on hiatus this summer due to COVID-19, founder and organizer Terri Henry has launched 501(c)3 registered non-profit Long Beach Food & Beverage with planned initiatives to support local restaurants and chefs.
The inaugural initiative is a series of virtual, live streaming interactive cooking classes hosted by Long Beach chefs that begin August 15th. The classes will be launched on a private ZOOM platform with limited number of viewers at a cost of $35-$55 per class, the revenue shared between the chef host and Long Beach Food & Beverage to cover operational expenses.
Participating chefs include:
- Chef Kat McIver (Wide Eyes Open Palms)
- Chef Amanda Jackson (Netflix’s Cooked with Cannabis and Chef Amanda & Co.)
- Chef Vinod “VR” Venkataraman (Appu’s Café)
- Chef Nicolle Allen (Baked Vegan Sweets)
- Chef Christian Simionato (Sestieri)
- Chef Julie Schwarz (Owner, SoCal Farmers Market and Market Cultivator)
- Chef Angel Macias (Soul Food & Zen Cooking)
- Chef Aliye Aydin (A Good Carrot and Joy of Spices)
- Chef Stefanie Kelly (Chef Stef Candy and Browning High School Culinary Instructor)
- Chef Kevin Lemmon (Kevin’s Kitchen)
- Chef Paul Buchanan (Primal Alchemy Catering)
- Chef Jill Sassoon (Scratch Baked Goods)
Additional chefs and classes are being added daily. Cocktail classes hosted by local bartenders will be added soon.
“We’ve been working on launching this non-profit since late last year, and it was initially designed to support Long Beach restaurants with no cost operational and marketing consulting,” stated Long Beach Food & Beverage founder Terri Henry. “But when COVID-19 hit, like everyone else we pivoted and came up with live streaming cooking classes so our chefs could continue to do what they do best plus put some money in their pockets during these challenging times.”
Upcoming cooking classes can be found here.
Chefs and bartenders interested in hosting a class can find more information and register here.
Media interested in attending a class, contact [email protected].