Gratitude Kitchen & Bar Newport Beach has announced an exciting new chapter as it will close for renovations on September 3, 2019 and reopen as Gracias Madre this November. Also a member of the Love Serve Remember restaurant group, Gracias Madre’s original location in West Hollywood has become a staple in the Los Angeles food scene since its launch in 2014 with a focus on plant-based Mexican food and a dedication to delicious cocktails. As a way of celebrating the support and loyalty of the Newport Beach community and all of those who dined at the restaurant over the years, the restaurant will be extending special promotions allowing diners to enjoy every last bit of Gratitude before saying adios, and hola to Gracias Madre this fall. August’s “Month of Gratitude” offers include:
- Thankful Thursday: Happy Hour prices and menus available all day every Thursday (launching August 15th; dine-in only)
- Grateful Prix Fixe Menu: A special tasting menu including some of Gratitude’s most popular dishes for $30 (launching August 13th for lunch and dinner; dine-in only
- Customers who come into to dine at Gratitude this month will also receive a postcard which can be redeemed for two Margaritas on the house when Gracias Madre opens. Guests fill it out, pre-address it and return it to Gratitude by August 30 and they will be mailed out a week before opening.
Some of the exciting changes to expect with the debut of Gracias Madre Newport Beach this fall include:
- The Newport Beach location will welcome Chef Alan Sánchez Lázaro from Mexico City who will oversee the Orange County kitchen’s menu, a version of the original LA location’s menu with the addition of some of his own signature items including the Bowl Uno, Flautas de Camote, Jackfruit Carnitas Tacos and Coliflor Frito.
- The new location will also carry on the tradition of the Gracias Madre bar program, offering organic, artisanal tequila and mezcal craft cocktails. Highlights from the menu include Signature Cocktails (margaritas, shaken, stirred), a variety of flight options that includes selections like tequila to mezcal, single village mezcal, wild mezcal, and barrel aged tequila, along with a wide variety of mezcal brands spanning across wild agave varietals like espadin, mexicano, tepeztate, madrecuixe, tobala, ensambles, bacanora, raicilla and more.
- The decor will be refreshed and updated by Wendy Haworth Design Studio to reflect the Gracias Madre aesthetic, giving the restaurant a cozier, more intimate feel. Mexican tiles will accent the bar, the focal point of the indoor dining area, and updates to the expansive patio include a perimeter of tall hedges, centralized mature trees, new flooring, draping, light fixtures any more.
- The space will welcome the addition of a private dining room, which will be ideal for holiday gatherings. For larger celebrations, the entire space will be available for buyouts. Gracias Madre also offers catering services for offsite events.