Vegan Key Lime Mousse with Wild Blueberry Rosemary Compote
This delicious vegan dessert recipe comes from Susan Irby, CFNS, Certified Food Healer, Award-winning network television host and radio personality Susan
For Compote: 2 C wild blueberries
1 T Raw honey
1 t Fine orange zest
1 t Minced rosemary leaves
1/4 C Water
For Mousse: 3 Ripe avocados
1/2 C Sugar-free maple syrup
3/4 C Coconut oil
1/2 Lemon, zested
3/4 C Key lime juice (approximately 10 times)
1/4 C Dates and walnuts, finely chopped
- To Make Compote: Place all ingredients in a small to medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 to 35 minutes until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and let rest.
- Transfer to an airtight container and place in the refrigerator to cool and further thicken.
- To Make Key Lime Mousse: In a food processor, combine avocado, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon zest, and lime juice.
- Puree until smooth and well combined, scraping down sides if needed.
- Place mixture into 8 martini glasses or other decorative serving dishes or ramekins.
- Chill until ready to serve, at least 25 minutes or overnight.
- To Serve: Spoon approximately 2 T of wild blueberry compote over the key lime mousse and sprinkle with a teaspoon or so of the date-walnut mixture.
- If you can’t find frozen wild blueberries, ask your grocer to bring them in or reach out to the Wild Blueberry Association at www.wildblueberries.com