Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Avocados are a great addition to a chocolate mousse and can be interchanged with silken tofu for added nutrients and a creamy texture.
1 1/2 C Cocoa powder – raw or toasted, unsweetened
4 Avocado – very ripe
1/2 C Date paste
1/4 C Liquid sweetener, or more date paste
1 t Vanilla extract
1/4 t Sea salt
1/4 C Non-dairy milk
Fresh berry (for garnish)
- Prepare your mise en place.
- Place the cocoa powder in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- Add the avocados, date paste, sweetener, vanilla and salt and process to blend.
- Add the milk and continue to process until smooth.
- Be sure to scrape the sides to insure that the mixture has blended thoroughly.
- Spoon into glasses and serve with fresh berries.