Contributed by: Restaurateur Natalie Colledge
Turmeric Blueberry Lemonade Spritzer
1-inch piece turmeric, juiced
1 oz blueberry syrup*
4 oz lemonade
2 oz seltzer
lemon slice for garnish
1 pt fresh blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
- Fill tall glass with ice.
- Pour in turmeric juice and blueberry syrup then gently pour in lemonade.
- Top with seltzer and garnish with lemon slice.
- Blueberry Syrup:
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and continue simmering for 10-15 minutes until blueberries have popped. Remove from heat and cool. Strain blueberries through a fine mesh strainer pushing with back of a spoon to release all of the blueberry juices.
- Keeps refrigerated in a covered container for up to two weeks.