Matt Robinson, an Orange County local and baker, blogger and photographer at Real Food by Dad, presents his recipe for dark delicious Mini Chocolate Tarts.
Mini Chocolate Tarts
6 oz. HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chip
8 T unsalted butter
3 large eggs
One-third C sugar
Quarter C HERSHEY’S Caramel Topping
1 T HERSHEY’S Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
30 pre-made two-inch tart shells
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place mini tart shells on a baking sheet.
- 2. In small sauce pan, over low heat, stir together butter and HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips. Continue to cook and stir until chocolate is melted and well blended with butter.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until well blended. Pour 3-4 tablespoons of chocolate mixture into egg mixture, whisk to combine. Pour another 3-4 tablespoons of chocolate mixture into egg mixture to help temper the eggs further. Stir in remaining chocolate mixture.
- 4. Place one ½ teaspoon HERSHEY’S Caramel Topping in each tart shell and fill remainder of tart shell with chocolate batter. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chocolate center slightly jiggles when tapped on the side.
- 5. Dust finished tarts with HERSHEY’S Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.