Cast Iron Idaho Trout Roasted Summer Vegetables Sea Salt Roasted Marble Potatoes Citrus-Walnut Brown Butter Sustainably farmed boneless skin-on Idaho Trout Veggies and Potatoes Citrus-Walnut Sauce
Recipe by Chef Gabe Caliendo at Lazy Dog Cafe
Cast Iron Idaho Trout
Cast Iron Idaho Trout taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
1 T Tomatoes, small diced
1 t Italian Parsley, chopped fine
1/2 Lemon, seeds removed. Seasoned and charred "a la plancha"
1 oz Zucchini – cubed
1 oz Goldbar squash – cubed
1 oz Roasted red bell peppers – strips
1 oz Mushrooms – assorted sliced
1 t Fresh thyme – chopped
1 t Sea salt 1 t Black pepper – freshly ground
1 t Garlic – freshly chopped
1 oz Olive oil 2 oz Tri-colored marble size potatoes
3 oz Butter
1 oz Walnuts – chopped
1/2 oz Lemon juice
1/2 oz Lime juice
3/4 oz Orange juice
1/4 t Sea salt
1/4 t Black pepper
1 t Red bell pepper brunoise
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Toss veggies in half of the thyme, salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil.
- Toss tri-colored potatoes in other half of same ingredients.
- Place on separate sheet pans.
- Roast until veggies are charred lightly and still firm to touch.
- Roast potatoes until tender in middle.
- Toss potatoes with veggies and adjust seasonings.
- Heat saute pan with butter and walnuts in pan.
- Toast walnuts lightly and wait until butter is brown but not black.
- Deglaze with citrus juices and reduce slightly.
- Season and finish with salt, pepper and bell pepper brunoise.
- Season trout with salt and pepper.
- Place veggies and potatoes on skillet.
- Lean raw trout up against veggies and potatoes.
- Roast in oven until trout is cooked and veggies/potatoes are hot.
- Pour citrus-walnut butter over the top.
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes, charred lemon and parsley.