By Chef Katie Averill Although healthy
Banana Rye Loaf
Banana Rye Loaf taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
1 C Warm Water
2 envelopes Active Dry Yeast – (NOT the same as instant yeast)
1/4 C Honey
1/4 C Unsalted Butter – softened
1 T Salt
3 C Rye Flour
2 1/2 C All-purpose Flour
2 C Banana
- Sprinkle yeast over the water and let sit 10 minutes.
- Add honey, butter, rye flour, 1/2 C all purpose flour, and salt.
- Mix with a dough hook on medium speed for two minutes.
- Alternately add the banana and the remaining all-purpose flour.
- Continue to knead for 10 minutes to make a soft dough.
- Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size. (Don