Contributed by: Chef Katie Averill
By Chef Katie Averill Although healthy
Banana Rye Loaf
Banana Rye Loaf taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
1 C Warm Water
2 envelopes Active Dry Yeast – (NOT the same as instant yeast)
1/4 C Honey
1/4 C Unsalted Butter – softened
1 T Salt
3 C Rye Flour
2 1/2 C All-purpose Flour
2 C Banana
- Sprinkle yeast over the water and let sit 10 minutes.
- Add honey, butter, rye flour, 1/2 C all purpose flour, and salt.
- Mix with a dough hook on medium speed for two minutes.
- Alternately add the banana and the remaining all-purpose flour.
- Continue to knead for 10 minutes to make a soft dough.
- Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size. (Don