Anaheim GardenWalk, a unique “eatertainment” destination just steps from Southern California’s Disneyland Resort and Anaheim Convention Center, will soon host its second annual Chef Challenge cook-off to be held Sunday, October 14th, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. During the event, sponsored by DiningOut Magazine, top chefs from seven notable Orange County restaurants will prepare their signature dishes to compete for best-in-show honors. The public is invited to sample each restaurant’s signature dish free of charge while supplies last, then vote to decide the winning dish.
The chefs will be assisted by local high school students carefully selected from culinary arts programs throughout Orange County. The winning restaurant’s chef will take home a prestigious award as well as a set of professional-grade cutlery, and the student assisting that chef will take top honors among the county’s culinary cohorts. Additionally, Anaheim GardenWalk will donate $3,000 to benefit the California Restaurant Association Foundation’s (CRAF) high school culinary arts program in Orange County. More than 1,600 Orange County students are currently enrolled in ProStart, a program that prepares young people for careers in culinary arts and hospitality management. CRAF offers equipment and enrichment services to ProStart students, including field trips, job-readiness training and classroom speakers.
Sample signature dishes from House of Blues Anaheim, FiRE + iCE Interactive Grill + Bar, Grasslands Meat Market BBQ & Churrasco, California Pizza Kitchen, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., McCormick & Schmick’s Grille, Roy’s Restaurant, and cast your vote for best GardenWalk chef!
Registration begins at 2PM and the first 600 people will be able to sample free signature dishes and vote for their favorite. Come early and join us at Art on the Walk from 2-5PM for live music, henna tattoos, face painting, balloon art, and a photo booth. #ChefChallenge #eatertainment #ArtontheWalk #LoveSoCal”
Signature Dishes Include:
- Voodoo Shrimp – House of Blues Restaurant and Bar
- Asian salad with chicken, cabbage, alfalfa sprouts, spinach, bean sprouts, green onion, and orange ginger sesame dressing – FiRE + iCE Interactive Grill + Bar
- Picanha Churrasco and greens with oven-roasted potatoes – Grasslands Meat Market BBQ & Churrasco
- Chicken Milanese – California Pizza Kitchen
- Shrimp extravaganza with sautéed jumbo shrimp and lobster pepper butter sauce over garlic herb crostini – Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
- Yuzu Koshu Salmon Crunch Roll – Roy’s Restaurant
- Seared sea scallop with forbidden rice, burnt orange slaw, and a Peruvian pepper beurre blanc – McCormick & Schmick’s Grille