VITABOWL, NUTRITIONIST INSPIRED, PLANT-BASED SUPERFOOD MEAL PROVIDER ANNOUNCES LAUNCH ON THE WEST COAST
Plant-Based meal provider will be offering their superfood bowls starting in Los Angeles and San Francisco with goals of expanding nationwide
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (AUGUST X, 2020) — . VitaBowl menu items are available for consumers to purchase via direct site at www.vitabowl.com and soon on DoorDash, Postmates and UberEats in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Also, the subscription based meal provider is pioneering functional food as a new food category and will be offering their services to hospitals, seniors homes, fitness facilities, schools and universities, prisons and retail markets that are seeking to rejuvenate their existing nutritional systems and provide healthier and mindful menu alternatives.
Dominique Crenn, Head of VitaBowl’s Culinary Council and the first 3 Michelin Star female Chef in the United States crafted the global-inspired meals alongside Chief Nutritionist, Sarah Brandow, MSc. with a focus on specific dietary and health needs. Each of VitaBowl’s nutrient dense, superfood meals and VitaJuice, their pressed juice line, are enhanced with powerful combinations of fresh, locally sourced ingredients including exotic superfoods. Using the highest quality exotic land and sea vegetables, sprouts and unique spices, all of VitaBowl’s offerings carry multiple medicinal properties that work to heal and optimize bodily function from within and at a cellular level.
“Each bowl has its own distinctive health benefits, and is designed to serve a specific purpose such as boosting mood, aiding digestion, or enhancing gut health,” said Brandow. “We do things like sprout our chickpeas, lentils and brown rice to further improve the nutritional profile of our bowls. All of the elements of the bowl work synergistically to create a truly balanced, delicious and nutritious dish.”
Organizations interested in VitaBowl’s subscription program will be able to choose from their superfood bowl varieties (MSRP $12.99 per bowl), VitaJuice cold pressed juice line (MSRP $6.99 per bottle) and VitaBites (MSRP $1.99 per bite), the company’s new line of vegetarian snack bites. Included in VitaBowl’s superfood bowls are the following five plant-based cuisine varieties:
· Cali Bowl (Mood Booster): RightRice® , Quinoa, Shaved Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli, Kale, Avocado Crema, Kombucha Apple Cider Vinaigrette; all of the ingredients support brain health and improve mood
· Korea Bowl (Enzyme Boost/Probiotic): Sprouted Brown Rice, Kimchi, Marinated Tofu, Pickled Mushrooms, Wakame Seaweed, Silken Chive Creme; Macrobiotic, iron rich and chemical-free
· Mediterranean Bowl (Gut Health)): Israeli Pearl CousCous, Sprouted Lentil and Flax Seed Falafel, Sweet Potato, Plant-based Tzatziki; Contains high content of enzymes and probiotics to nourish gut health
· India Bowl (Anti-Inflammatory): Tri-color Quinoa, Heirloom Carrots, Beet Pickled Turnips, Pistachio, Mint, Coconut Curry; Energy boosting and designed to reduce inflammation
· Latin Bowl (Internal Balance; High Fiber): Stewed Black Beans, Braised Jackfruit, Red Cabbage, Lime, Chipotle Cashew Crema; Entirely grain-free and filled with vitamins, fiber, antioxidants and delicious traditional Latin flavors
Headquartered in San Francisco, VitaBowl launched earlier this year in January with the mission of universalizing access to wholesome, plant-based meals in an effort to cultivate resilient communities. Since their inception, VitaBowl has partnered with various nonprofits such as Support + Feed, Project Angel Food, St. Joseph’s Hospital and UCSF Health.
“There is so much power in plant-based food — food is medicine,” said Crenn. “Commune with nature as nature will commune back with you. Healthy you, healthy planet, healthy humanity.”
“During this time of the coronavirus pandemic, it’s even more important to look out for our own personal health and the health of our fellow neighbors in communities that we live in,” says Charles Michael Yim, CEO, Founder of VitaBowl, “We’ve realized the urgent need to make healthful foods accessible. For example, we’ve partnered with Support + Feed to supply VitaBowls to the Boys and Girls Club of Metro LA, sponsored by Triller. We all need to make a collective effort to support each other during these trying times.”
For more information on partnering your business with VitaBowl, visit their website at www.vitabowl.com.