In the spirit of unity and serving the community, Recess Room, (located at 18380 Brookhurst Street in Fountain Valley) will be offering free grab-and-go meals to students 18 years and younger regardless of where they go to school, and seniors 65 years or older – Friday, March 27 from 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. and every Friday after until supplies last.
- The Recess Room follows all recommended CDC guidelines and procedures for food handling and keeping safe and properly sanitized.
- Please call in your order ahead: 714.377.0398. Provide your name and the estimated time of arrival and The Recess Room will bring your order out to you, curbside.
- Senior citizens may send a family member or friend to pick up their food, or The Recess Room can deliver the food to them within Fountain Valley city limits.
- The Recess Room will abide by all social distancing rules on-site and space out any lines that form accordingly. But they highly recommend that you call-in your order and let them deliver your food, curbside.
- Meals offered: Trotolle pasta bolognese with a side salad
- Meals are for pick-up only; no dining on-site.
- No IDs are necessary.
WHAT: Viet-CARE, Moving Forward Psychological Institute (MFPI), and The Recess Room team up this Sunday, May 3 to provide and distribute free hot meals to more than 300 isolated and homebound seniors, individuals unemployed due to COVID-19, and families in need. The event coincides with the start of Mental Health Awareness Month.
Viet-CARE is a 100% volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of people suffering with mental illness, and this event is a part of a series of recent donations that the organization has made in support of communities.
MPFI is a results-focused organization developed to address the current and increasing mental health crisis in the workplace, schools, homes and communities.
Fountain Valley-based restaurant, The Recess Room, is donating all meals. Although these are uncertain times, supporting the local community is a cornerstone to their business and they are dedicated to giving back to the community they serve. In addition to this Sunday’s donation, they have been regularly providing free meals as part of their “Free Food Fridays” events for senior citizens and kids, which will continue as long as it is feasible for the restaurant’s owners.
WHO: Kelvin Nguyen, president, Viet-CARE
Paul Hoang, founder/CEO, Moving Forward Psychological Institute; founder of Viet-CARE
Viet Pham, owner, The Recess Room
WHEN: Sunday, May 3, 12:00 noon – 3:00 p.m.
Meals provided to predetermined recipients, until supplies last.
WHERE: The Recess Room
18380 Brookhurst St.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708