DCI’s Best of Class product offerings include the following:
- Salemville Amish Gorgonzola is a savory, slightly piquant cheese that is made in small batches by a Wisconsin Amish community. Milk comes from local farmers whose herds of four to twenty-five cows are hand-milked twice a day. This rBGH-free treasure is well loved for its earthy flavor, rich and creamy texture, and beautiful, consistent veining. This is Salemville Amish Gorgonzola’s second WCCC award. It originally gained widespread fame by winning “Best American-Made Blue Cheese” at the WCCC in 2000.
- Black Diamond Extra Sharp Cheddar Cold Pack Spread, a distinctively sharp blend created from Black Diamond’s award winning 2-year aged Cheddar. This is the second Best of Class win at the WCCC for Black Diamond Extra Sharp Cheddar Cold Pack Spread; the first came in 2006.
- il Giardino Aged Mandarini Provolone, a bold Italian classic that is perfect for shredding over pasta dishes.
- Alexis de Portneuf Bleubry which marries the best attributes of soft and blue cheeses to produce a delicately smooth and creamy texture with a delightfully temperate flavor.
- DuVillage 1860 Lady Laurier d’Arthabaska is a soft, surface-ripened cheese with a bloomy rind. It offers a rich, creamy and unctuous body with subtle floral notes.
- Danamark Havarti which is regarded for its pleasantly sweet and mild flavor, rich and buttery aroma and decadently creamy texture.
All the cheeses are available for purchase at select retailers nationwide.
Posted by Markus Micheaels