Long Beach’s original Tiki bar, The Bamboo Club, has officially launched three all-new menus to expand its diverse and rum-based bar program. Showcasing the coastal flavors of the Caribbean, Hawaii and Latin America, 12 new daiquiris join The Bamboo Club’s robust cocktail list alongside a rum and dessert “sipper” menu to introduce guests to rum distillers from around the world, many of which have previously been featured in The Bambo Club’s monthly Rum Supper series.
“After weeks of curating the perfect selection of international rums, we’re excited to unveil three new bar menus celebrating a mainstay in Tiki culture – RUM. We’ve had such success with our monthly educational Rum Supper Dinners that we wanted to offer ‘sippers’ from our favorite rum distillers indefinitely to cater to our rum enthusiasts and novices alike,” said Jim Riston, co-owner of The Bamboo Club. “Rum is one of the oldest spirits in the world and the key to The Bamboo Club’s Tiki-inspired mixology, so our team of seasoned bartenders honored the vast, colorful flavors that rum distillers use by assembling an array of different daiquiris and sippers to please every palate.”
The Bamboo Club’s all-new daiquiri menu includes:
- Classic Daiquiri: Lime, sugar, house white rum – $8
- Banana Hammock: Lime, banana du Brasil, house white rum – $10
- Niña Fresa: Lime, strawberry, Cihuatan Jade Rum – $10
- Botanical Bliss: Lime, sugar, Callisto Botanical Rum – $10
- Dark Side Daq: Lime, grenadine, Whalers Black Rum, cinnamon – $10
- A Berry Fine Thyme: Lime, Crème de Mure, Real McCoy 5 year Rum, thyme – $12
- Bringing Sexy Daq: Lime, pineapple, Plantation Pineapple Rum, tajin – $12
- For Whom the Daq Tolls: Lime, grapefruit, Aperol, house white rum – $12
- Agricole Kō: Lemon, mango, Falernum, Kuleana Rum Agricole – $12
- Maracuya, La Tuya: Lime, passion fruit, Copali White & Plantation O.F.T.D. Rums – $14
- What a Prick: Lime, prickly pear, Cihuatán Cinabrio Rum, Lemon Hart 151, Angostura bitters – $14
- 28 Daqs Later: Lime, Don’s mix, grenadine, Bamboo Zombie Mix, Absinthe, Angostura bitters – $14
The Bamboo Club’s rum sipper tasting menu includes:
- Appleton 12-yr: Jamaica – Toasted oak, dark cocoa, orange peel – $10
- Bati Dark: Fiji – Molasses, dried fruit, scotch notes – $8
- Cihuatán Indigo: El Salvador – Coffee, vanilla bean, lemon grass – $8
- Cihuatán Cinabrio: El Salvador – Plum, toasted oak, cinnamon – $10
- Copali Barrel Rested: Belize – Leather, tobacco, vanilla – $9
- Diplomatico Reserva: Venezuela – Licorice, toffee, fudge – $12
- Diplomatico Mantuano: Venezuela – Dried plum, vanilla, oak – $10
- Flor de Cana 7-yr: Nicaragua – Toasted coconut, fig, honey – $9
- Kuleana Nanea: Hawaii – Caramel, mango, clove – $9
- Ron Del Barrilito 2 Star: Puerto Rico – Almond, stone fruit, tobacco – $8
- Ratu Dark: Fiji – Toasted oak, vanilla, tea leaf – $12
- Barrell Rum Private Release Blend #B701: One-time production of approximately 30 six-packs. The Bamboo Club purchased the last 10 cases which are not available elsewhere locally – $25
Five new rum dessert sippers infused with sweet flavors from Fiji, the Philippines, and Barbados, and featuring ingredients such as coconut, caramel, coffee, pineapple, and vanilla, are now available. Guests are encouraged to pair the sippers with the restaurant’s inventive menu led by Executive Chef Jon Rogan. Bites such as the Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai, Mochiko Chicken, Thai Tea Brined Chicken Sandwich, and Adobo Pork Bowl are a few of many inventive menu items fusing some of the best flavors from the Polynesian Islands and Asia.
The Bamboo Club’s popular 8 oz. canned cocktails, which were introduced during the pandemic, have been replenished. For purchase online or on location in packs of four, the Tiki drinks to-go include: the Mai Tai ($8), Navy Grog ($12), Painkiller ($12), Blue Lagoon ($12), and the Zombie ($15). Guests who want to recreate the full Tiki experience at home can get their hands on The Bamboo Club’s custom glassware, such as The Bamboo Club Mai Tai set featuring four traditional Tiki Old-Fashioned Glasses and two Bamboo Club Wood-Burned Coasters.
The Bamboo Club is located at 3522 E Anaheim St, Long Beach, CA 90804 in Long Beach’s historic Zaferia neighborhood, and is open 7 days a week. To get the latest updates, follow The Bamboo Club on Instagram at @bambooclublb.
About The Bamboo Club
The Bamboo Club, Long Beach’s original tiki bar, has become a neighborhood staple for friends, family, and visitors. Its bar program honors the history of Tiki cocktail culture featuring classics alongside unique creations from its seasoned staff of bartenders. The Bamboo Club is located at 3522 East Anaheim St. in Long Beach. For more information and to keep up with happenings at The Bamboo Club, follow them on Instagram at @bambooclublb or visit BambooClubLB.com.