Tangata, a Patina Restaurant Group concept located at Bowers Museum in Santa Ana, excitedly announces Brian Kiepler as the new executive chef.
Kiepler, who is a longstanding member of the Patina Restaurant Group family, previously worked as the executive chef of both Nick & Stef’s Steakhouse and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA). Kiepler brings a refreshed menu to the restaurant, adding a unique twist to the Pacific Rim inspired cuisine.
Kiepler’s updated menu reflects global influences from his diverse culinary background—including that of the Pacific Rim—resulting in menu items to satisfy every palate.
- Grilled Asparagus with garlic, ginger, soy, tofu, and charred lemon
- Crab Cakes with a grilled pineapple relish, chipotle aioli, and soft herbs.
Main courses for lunch include:
- Blackened Salmon and Quinoa with orange, avocado, watercress, tomato, red onion, and caraway-yogurt dressing
- Roast Porkwith Filipino adobo, gingered cabbage, lime mayo, and fries
- Marinated Japanese Tomatoes with miso, avocado, cucumber, shallot, seaweed, and fried Togarashi croutons.
Brunch highlights include:
- Brisket Breakfast Burger with house made ground brisket, fried egg, bacon, cheddar, aioli, and baby greens
- Chilaquiles with ranchero sauce, avocado, onions, cotija cheese, corn chips, and fried eggs
- Brioche French Toast with Vermont maple syrup, whipped butter, and fresh berries.
Tangata, which does not require museum admittance to dine, is open for lunch Tuesday through Friday from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. and for brunch on Saturday and Sunday from11 a.m.-3 p.m.
For more on Tangata, visit patinagroup.com/tangata-restaurant