Debuting as the first California hotel under Marriott International’s experiential, millennial-minded Moxy Hotels brand, the 126-room Moxy San Diego will be a bold, yet funky boutique hotel with plenty of playful touches throughout including its hotel check-in on wheels with a custom lobby “trike” for guests to receive their digital room key and Bar Moxy’s signature welcome nitro-cocktail served from the lively tricycle.
Located in the Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego, Moxy San Diego’s vibrant lobby will be the main gathering space that will boast the brand’s signature community-focused experience with shuffle boards, 80s arcade games, Giant Jenga, Twister, and host distinctive daily, weekly and monthly activations and events. Moxy’s signature Instagram-worthy design will also include a custom painted mural on the hotel’s exterior by a local graffiti artist and the brand’s digital “guestbook” that showcases a stream of fellow guests around the world who tag #atthemoxy.
Moxy San Diego highlights:
- Plug and Meet – The bright and open lobby layout is paired with contemporary furniture creating communal spaces that provide modern ergonomic seating, large writing walls and 56-inch televisions for presentation projection.
- Get Lit – Guests will be greeted by a custom LED fixture designed by Moment Factory meant to visually tie together the interior and exterior spaces. The piece spans across the lobby ceiling and stretches through the seven-story courtyard space.
- Lobby Perks – The lobby will boast a state-of-the art video wall and a wide selection of grab-and-go food-and-beverage options available 24/7.
- Tech on Deck – All bedrooms reflect careful consideration of space and functionality and as such are equipped with 42-inch flat screen televisions, built in USB ports and free Wi-Fi.
- Localized Libations – Sip the flavors of San Diego from morning to night with quality coffee courtesy of San Diego Coffee Co. and signature and custom brews from San Diego’s buzzing beer scene.