SteelCraft Garden Grove, the newest open-air craft food and drink gathering space in Orange County celebrated its Grand Opening Thursday, September 26th, 2019. Founder and Creative Visionary, Kim Gros, also formally announced during the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony that renowned Wilson Creek Winery out of Temecula Valley is joining the SteelCraft Garden Grove family.
“Talk about a ‘wow!’ moment, Garden Grove is over-the-top thrilled, excited, and overjoyed to see SteelCraft add its one-of-a-kind vibe to our re-imagined downtown! The tremendous anticipation of their grand opening has been phenomenal, and goes beyond everyone’s expectations of what the largest, and first SteelCraft in Orange County brings to Garden Grove,” shared Honorable Mayor Steve Jones.
The 20,000 SF urban eatery, comprised of 22 repurposed shipping containers is woven together with a steel truss barn-like roof structure, reminiscent of Garden Grove and Orange County’s rich agricultural roots.
SteelCraft Garden Grove is currently home to:
- Beachwood Brewing (@beachwoodsteelcraftgg): Long Beach-originated craft brewery with infinitely creative offerings ranging from a coffee mocha stout to a wide range of sours, with classics like pale ales and IPAs.
- Dark Horse Coffee Roasters (@darkhorsecoffee): The San Diego-favorite’s first location in Orange County; Try their unrivaled Guatemala pour over!
- Cauldron Ice Cream (@cauldronicecream): Small batch made-to-order liquid Nitrogen ice cream; Try it shaped into a rose in their OG Puffle Cone!
- Honey & Butter Macarons (@honeyandbutter): Made fresh-daily macarons; Get your hands on a “creature cookie” from owner Leanne, a Garden Grove High School alumna.
- The Nest: A Breakfast Joint (@eatatthenest): Early-morning through late-night breakfast cravings; Try the chilaquiles or shrimp and grits!
- The Chick ‘N Shack: Khao Man Gai (thechicknshackkmg): Unbeatable, nostalgic Thai chicken and rice with house-made sauces; Pair with a fresh coconut or Thai tea!
- Barrio: Modern Filipino BBQ (@ocbarrio): Timeless, healthy, elevated skewers; Try the calamansi slushie or kinilaw (Filipino ceviche)!
- Renegade Taco (@renegadetaco): Fusion of Latin and Asian-style flavors; Vegan/vegetarian-friendly; Try the fried avocado or duck confit taco!
- The Penalty Box (@selannepenaltybox): Burgers and Gourmet Hot Dogs by Olympic Gold medalist and Hockey Hall of Famer Teemu Selanne; Try pucks (burgers), sticks (hot dogs), twigs (fries) or whipped ice (shakes).
Also joining the lineup:
- Wilson Creek Winery (@wilson_creek_winery): Family-owned, located in the heart of Temecula Valley Southern California Wine Country, known for its almond champagne, frosé, and variety of quality wines.
Read more about the Garden Grove Grand Opening at https://www.steelcraftlb.com/scgg-grand-opening/