Contributed by: Chef Pascal Lorange
A light, easy-to-make zucchini recipe for summer entertaining, FIG & OLIVE Executive Chef Lorange’s vegetarian-friendly take on carpaccio showcases
1 lb zucchini
4 TBSP pine nuts
4 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
1 pinch freshly ground pepper
1 pinch fleur de sel
6 TBSP shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Slice the zucchini penny-thin using a mandoline slicer.
- Arrange the slices, slightly overlapping, on a large platter.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Toast the pine nuts over medium-heat in a dry saute pan until slightly brown (about a minute) and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Drizzle the dressing over the zucchini.
- Season with pepper and fleur de sel.
- Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts.