Watermelon Basil Mojito
A cool watermelon mojito to rescue you from the Summer’s heat
2 cups cubed seedless watermelon (rind removed)
1-1/2 cups club soda
1/2 a lime, juiced
3 medium- to large-size fresh basil leaves (for the mojito)
3 ounces light rum
2 cups ice cubes (for the serving glasses)
2 thin slices watermelon (with the rind on, for garnish)
2 small sprigs basil (for garnish)
- Add the watermelon to a blender and blend until liquefied.
- Using a mesh strainer, strain into a pouring-type measuring cup or pitcher.
- Pour the strained, clear, watermelon liquid back into the blender.
- Add the club soda, lime juice, basil leaves and rum. Pulse until the basil is liquefied.
- Serve over ice, and garnish with watermelon and basil.