Water Spinach Crepes with Coconut Cream Sauce
This is the perfect recipe for weekend brunches or a simple romantic dinner.
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups non-dairy milk (preferable is cashew milk for its creaminess)
3 tsp egg replacer
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbsp dairy-free butter
3 tbsp water to mix with the egg replacer powder
350 g water spinach – roughly two bunches
160 g artichoke hearts
80 g sun-dried tomatoes
1 red onion
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp Sriracha
2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp maple syrup
- Prepare the Crêpes
- Heat the butter on low heat until it’s completely melted and set aside for 5 minutes to cool down. Put 3 tsp of egg replacer powder in a bowl and add 3 tbsp of water and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour, milk, egg replacer and butter and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until the batter is completely smooth and creamy.
- Preheat pan on low medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Brush the pan lightly with coconut oil
- Pour about 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter into the centre of the pan, then immediately lift the pan and swirl the batter around the pan to form a nice, round circle.
- When the edges of your crêpe start to peel off the sides and curl a little, that is when you’ll want to flip your crepe.
- Repeat until you have the desired number of crêpes
- Prepare the Stuffing
- Prep all the ingredients. Roughly chop the onion, water spinach, sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts to bite-sized pieces.
- Heat pan and add coconut oil
- Stir fry: Sauté the onion until it’s translucent, and then add the water spinach. Cook further until the leaves are wilted.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Prepare Coconut Cream Sauce
- Add the coconut cream, sriracha, maple syrup and tahini into a blender
- Blend until completely smooth
- Finally, assemble your crêpes and enjoy!