Vegan Pickled Onion & Potato Pizza
Vegan Pickled Onion & Potato Pizza is a special pickled onion, rosemary and potato vegan pizza created by pizza oven pioneers Gozney.
4 New York Dough Ball
10-12 Cooked New Potato – sliced pretty thin
4-5 Rosemary sprig
For the pickled onions
1 Red Onion – large, thinly sliced
1 1/2 t Sea Salt
1 1/2 t Balsamic Vinegar
For the vegan parmesan
110g Cashew Nut
60g Nutritional Yeast
3/4 t Salt
1 pinch Garlic Powder
- To make the vegan parmesan, pop the ingredients into a blender and pulse until you achieve a rough breadcrumb consistency. Set to one side until required.
- Combine the pickle ingredients in a bowl and scrunch together with your hands. You want to do this about an hour before you plan to eat the pizza to allow the onions to pickle.
- Open a New York-style dough ball into a pizza skin and top with a handful of sliced potatoes, a couple of rosemary sprigs and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake the pizza in an oven heated at 460°F for 30 to 40 minutes.
- When the pizza comes out of the oven, top with some pickled onions, fresh sprigs of rosemary and a generous tbsp of the parmesan.
- *For best results, the recipe is perfect for the Roccbox, the world’s first portable pizza oven that reaches up to 932F, allowing you to serve up restaurant-style dishes every time and any time.
- Roccbox includes both wood and gas burners, as well as a commercial grade pizza peel with each oven. Gozney also offer foodie inspiration with their interactive Kitchen, featuring firm favourite recipes and special guests.