Bring Spain to your home with Paella Valenciana.
4 oz Bell Pepper – medium diced
4 oz Bilbao Chorizo
4 oz Chicken Thigh – boneless, skinless
4 oz Scallop – medium diced
4pcs 16/20 Shrimp
2 C Bomba Rice – partially cooked
2 C Seafood Stock
1 oz Garlic – minced
1 oz Shallot – minced
- Add olive oil to a hot paella pan.
- Add chorizo and cook for a few minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
- Add bell peppers.
- Add garlic, shallot, and Iranian saffron and stir while cooking.
- Add the bomba rice and toast it in the pan.
- Add half a cup of Spanish white wine and let the alcohol cook out for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broth to a blender with a little bit of cooked rice and blend.
- Add the broth mixture to the paella pan and stir.
- Add pre-cooked chicken and let the paella cook.
- In a separate bowl, season the seafood with smoked paprika, black pepper, and salt.
- Add the scallops to the paella and let cook for about 3 minutes.
- Place shrimp spaced out in the paella pan.
- Keep stirring the pan to avoid burning the bottom.
- Once the liquid is reduced down and the edges are crispy, take the pan off the heat and drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Top with scallions, and smoked paprika.