Recipe Provided By the California Avocado Commission
Give the traditional tart a savory makeover with the zesty taste of basil and tomatoes and California Avocados lend smooth, creamy goodness to the light cream cheese filling.
Tomato-Basil Avocado Tart
Give the traditional tart a savory makeover with the zesty taste of basil and tomatoes and California Avocados.
1 (9-inch) refrigerated ready-to-unroll pie crust
4 oz. whipped reduced fat cream cheese
1 tsp. skim milk
3 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
1 California avocado, peeled and sliced
5 red cherry tomatoes, cut in half
5 yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 tsp. Garlic and Herb seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place piecrust into 9-inch tart pan and gently press down; prick all over with fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool tart shell completely.
- While piecrust is baking, place cream cheese, 1/2 avocado, milk, 2 tablespoons fresh basil and seasoning in a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly in tart shell.
- Arrange avocado slices and tomatoes on top of filling.
- Sprinkle with left over basil and serve.