Contributed by: Cookbook/Recipe Author Laura Pazzaglia
Three-ingredient Flan by LAURA PAZZAGLIA
A flan that is deliciously warm without being too fussy to make.
8 Amaretto cookies (or ginger snaps), crushed into a powder
1/3 cup Dark honey
2 cups Water
1 cup Whole milk
2 Eggs, one whole, and one yolk
- Prepare pressure cooker by adding water to the base, plus steamer basket and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, or 4-cup measuring cup, whisk together the eggs and honey until well-combined. When well-combined, whisk in the milk. Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into ramekins cups and cover tightly with foil. Place in the steamer basket.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker. Turn the heat up to high and when the cooker reaches pressure, lower to the heat to the minimum required by the cooker to maintain pressure. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes at high pressure.
- When time is up, open the pressure cooker with the Natural release method – move the cooker off the burner and wait for the pressure to come down on its own (about 10 minutes). For electric pressure cookers, disengage the “keep warm” mode or unplug the cooker and begin counting 10 minutes of natural open time. Then, release the rest of the pressure using the valve.
- Uncover the custards and either refrigerate or serve warm garnished with cookie crumbs.