Harissa-Grilled Salmon is a delicious, signature dish of Chef Andrew Monterrosa and TAPS Fish House & Brewery Irvine. Monterrosa serves this popular dish with toasted red quinoa, but any similar grain could be substituted.
1 1/2 lbs Fresh salmon – patted dry, skin removed and cut into four 6 oz portions
1/2 C Harissa sauce
2 T Olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir together harissa sauce and olive oil.
- Marinate the fish for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Depending on thickness of fish, grill approximately four minutes per side, testing
- for preferred doneness.
- Remove to warm platter.
- TO PLATE
- Transfer fish filet with spatula to a warmed plate.
- Add quinoa, garnish with pickled cucumber and spoon lemon vinaigrette carefully around front of fish.
- Top with toasted, crushed marcona almonds.